2/11/2016

Satguru mohae bhaavae

From my four CD Kabir album, called Kahe Kabir, this is one bhajan that I am now in a position to share.

It was recorded when I was in my late twenties, which means nearly 15 years ago. Kabir's poetry has long held the strings of my heart together and when I hear it after a long time today myself, I can see the reason why- the appeal is timeless, even if my singing style is markedly different.

Of course if I could have sung this now, it would be very different, more steeped in classical music, not so much embellishments of orchestral arrangements, perhaps  more stark. But the lyrics are powerful and their message is timeless. This reminds me of the one thing of that time today- that a younger me was very much in the search of the Satguru...for that stage had not yet come when the interface with the guru had happened.

Inappropriate graphics do not take away the message of a bhajan. It has taken a long time for us to upload this video, that too without the album cover depicted here, but I hope that does not distract from the message of the composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After leaving comments, kindly send me an email or notification, so I can respond to them. I have notifications turned off for most blogs, as I have nearly 16 of them- both on wordpress and blogspot.

Satguru mohae bhaavae

From my four CD Kabir album, called Kahe Kabir, this is one bhajan that I am now in a position to share. It was recorded when I was i...